Sunday, October 3, 2010

Open D Tuning

Hey!

I wanna share some knowledge about the open D tuning with you guys.
First the tuning. You need your guitar tuned like this:
D-A-D-F#-A-D. If you wanna do it by ear, then I will learn you how.
First put your E string into an D. Now change the G into an F#, play the F# on the D snare ( 4e fret ) and listen carefully if you G string now is an F#. Now do the same with your B string. Play the A on the F# string ( 3e fret), and listen if it becomes an A. And finally your E string into an D, same as your low E string. Now that you have tuned your guitar will I tell some about playing with it. On my opion it is a real nice tuning. very beatiful if you use it well. These are the chords I like the most:

X-0-11-10-12-0
X-0-11-10-12-12
X-0-9-8-9-0
X-0-9-8-9-9
X-X-0-3-4-2
X-7-7-5-0-7
7-0-7-7-5-0

You have to find out the best way to play them by yourself.
With this tuning its important to discover a melody on your own.
I think you know enough to have a basic for playing.

Good luck and have fun!
Tim Schraven

No comments:

Post a Comment